Tuesday, September 10, 2013

I Lay Me Down

"Then He sent them out to tell everyone about the kingdom of God and to heal the sick" Luke 9:11

At church one morning while looking at our weekly church bulletin, I noticed they were advertising a healing service coming up in a couple weeks.  I KNEW I needed to attend that service with or without my husband.  I had been keeping a prayer journal of all the verses that I kept reading, and attending a healing service seemed appropriate.

I had been reading stories about the woman whose faith was so great that she thought "If I just touch his robe I will be healed".  She touched Jesus' feet and was healed instantly of her bleeding disorder.  [Luke 8:44]  I had read stories of the miraculous healing Jesus' performed while he walked here on Earth and kept a record of the ones that somehow kept coming up over and over. 

Saturday, June 29, 2013, I was excited to be at the healing service at church.  I had made up my mind I was going to keep my heart open to whatever it was that God wanted to show me, or teach me.  We began the service, as we always do, with praise and worship music.  This service was different though. All the praise and worship music was about healing, and restoring.  I couldn't help but lift my arms up to God praising him for allowing a sickness to be an opportunity to draw closer to him.  During the service, our pastor began teaching about the awesome healing power God has.  It talks over and over in the new testament about being able to lay your hands on someone and heal them.  Jesus did it, and he told the disciples they would be able to do it too.  The verses the pastor was quoting were the exact same verses I had been studying and reading over and over and over again.  This was far from coincidence.  I realized I was resting on the right promise.  The promise of healing that I read from the first day everything happened with my eye.

The pastor called the congregation to the alter if anyone was in need of physical healing.  I had thought I would be one of the FEW people that went to the alter.  WRONG!  90% of the congregation had gone up to the alter.  As the pastor began going down the line in front of the stage placing his hands on people, they began to fall down.  Yeah, fall down.  I was puzzled by this.  So I turned to my husband, whom I dragged down to the front, and quietly asked him why they were falling down.  he said some people do, some people don't.  He warned me that if I didn't fall down, in no way did that mean that I didn't receive anything from God.  So I kept singing "Overcome" by Jeremy Camp and patiently awaited the moment the pastor would lay his hands on me and pray.

During the song "Overcome", I began to cry.  Not tears of sadness, but tears of TRUTH.  My eyesight in my right eye was not normal during this time.  In fact, I couldn't see very well out of it at all.  Everything was blurry.  The truth is, God was right there with me.  The truth is, He never left me nor did he ever forsake me.  The truth is, I WILL overcome this obstacle, or rather mountain, and I will tell this mountain, fall into the sea, and it WILL be gone.

 I had a Kleenex in my right hand as the pastor stood in front of me.  I remember him holding the hand of mine that was clenching the Kleenex, and touching my face with his other hand.  I can't begin to tell you what happened next, as I remember seeing a light, and then opening my eyes.  I was sitting on the floor, tears pouring out of my eyes.  I was slightly disoriented as I was trying to figure out HOW I got from standing to sitting on the floor.  I looked to my right, and the lady that was once standing was now sitting next to me.  I looked to my left, and the lady that was standing to my left was now laying on the floor.  My husband came over to me after witnessing what had just happened, and helped me up.  HOLY COW!  What an experience that had been.

I'm not going to tell you my eyesight was miraculously normal again.  I'm not going to tell you that I walked out of there with no evidence of illness or disease.  I'm not even going to tell you that scientifically, I'm healed.  I walked out of the church that night knowing I got to feel God's touch.  I believe that God has the ability to enter our bodies at any time and touch every part of us at the same time, which is exactly what happened that Saturday night at church.  I can do the possible.  God does the IMpossible.  I can do the natural.  God does the SUPERnatural.   I am a work in progress, and still every day I continue to praise him for EVERYTHING.  The stuff I like and even more so, the stuff I DON'T.  The trials AND the changes.  We overcome by the words of our testimony and the blood of the lamb.  God is bigger than THIS.  God is bigger than ME.  How awesome a perspective to have.  NOTHING formed against ME will stand.  Now to just get my eyesight back to normal.  That would come, but will address that in another post.  Until then, Oh Happy Day to be found in the presence of God!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment