Wednesday, June 27, 2012

More than just a conversation


It was March of this year and to this day I consider this a special gift from God himself.  Allow me to explain ......

I was baptized in January of this year, and KNEW things were about to change, however, I wasn't quite prepared for this series of events to happen.  It was one Friday night, I found myself quite restless and prayed to God that he would grant me peace and rest for the busy weekend that lay before me.  As God is always faithful, I was finally able to fall fast asleep quickly into a deep rest. 

During the next 9 1/2 hours of sleep I had received through God's grace, I was given an image, a dream, that showed me what heaven was like.  As I was walking among the clouds, I saw before me millions and millions of people and angels all signing God's praise.  They were all walking towards the brightest, whitest light I had ever seen.  The most interesting thing about this light ... you could stare directly at it without having to squint or shield your eyes, much like you would have to if staring at the sun.  The singing was the most beautiful music I had ever heard, and wanted to get closer to hear it more.

The closer I came to the light, the more I realized, I was actually in heaven hearing the angels and all those that had gone before me praising and worshiping our Lord God and Savior.  There were no streets of gold, or crystal seas.  There were no crazy looking creatures, or even anyone that I recognized from my life on Earth.  What there was, was the most beautiful sound I had ever heard.... God's voice saying my name.  There are no tears allowed in Heaven, however, I fell to my knees with tears in my eyes as I was humbled to be in the presence of my creator.  Such peace, and love, and grace surrounded this moment, I couldn't have done anything else.  After waking up, this dream was that kind of dream that was so incredibly vivid, it was as though it was a memory of an event that actually happened in my lilfe, something I had actually experienced and been to.  What an awesome gift from the one the created me!

A few weeks after this dream, I was met in a dream by the complete opposite of our Lord.  I was sitting on a park bench next to a dark haired man that I could only see one side of his face.  I asked him what his name was and he told me Lucifer.  I was not fearful, or scared, or even felt the need to run.  We were having a conversation about faith.  Hebrews 11:1 has long since been my favorite verse in the bible.  In fact, it's the one verse in the bible that I revert back to when I have no idea what else to read.

"Why worry about your faith?  It's not like you've gotten anything from it anyways," stated Lucifer.  I instantly woke up to realizing I was tossing my head from left to right saying "That's not true, Satan.  God, I know that's not true."  After awaking, I immediately turned on my bedroom light, opened my bible and low and behold, Hebrews 11:1 was right where I had opened the bible.  I read it out loud several times before praying to God.  Again, this dream was just as vivid as the one I had about heaven.  After praying to our Father, I instantly fell back asleep.

To quote Natalie Grant:
The enemy; he has to leave; at the sound of Your Great Name

 I spoke the Lord's name, Lucifer had no choice but to flee that conversation.  How do we defeat Satan's power?  Speak the name of our Lord and Savior; command him to leave.  Then speak the word of God. 

What God proved to me through a conversation with Lucifer:  Satan's lies will ALWAYS be defeated by the word of God 100% of the time.



No comments:

Post a Comment