Friday, March 25, 2016

Matthew 15:25

This is an excerpt from a post on this blog I wrote on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.  2 years ago.

 I had a dream that my husband and I were in the neurologist office sitting across from him.  The conversation that pursued went something like this:  

"Hannah, You have Multiple Sclerosis.  You don't have to worry though, you're only going to have it for 3 years, and you won't have it any more."
"What's going to happen in 3 years?" I asked
"You won't have it anymore." The neurologist replied.

Today marks nearly 3 years ago when I had that dream.  It has been a long 3 years.  Remission, Relapse, Remission, Relapse.  4 relapses to be exact.  The day after we had learned of my initial brain MRI, the first bible verse I read was [quoted from blog post on Tuesday, Sept. 10, 2013]
 The next morning during our morning devotionals, my husband picked up his little devotional book and the verse on May 18 read:  "Jesus answered, 'Woman, you have great faith!  I will do as you have asked.'"  Matthew 15:25
Today was a check up appointment with my neurologist.  Originally the appointment was scheduled for the beginning of April.  However, a few weeks ago they requested to schedule it for today due to a scheduling conflict.  I agreed unaware today was Good Friday.  As the appointment time neared, I felt a certain anxiety developing.  Unexplained, I attempted to push through it to no avail.  It wasn't until the drive in to the office that I tearfully prayed to God that I will love him no matter what.  I believe the words I stated were "Take this cup from me.  But if your will is not to, I will carry it." [to quote Jesus' words as he was dying on the cross]

I talked to my doctor about how great I've been feeling since drastically changing my diet in January. I shared with him how well I've been sleeping.  The energy that I have now that hasn't been present for the past 3 years.  He was pretty stoked to hear how well I've been doing.  So stoked in fact, he asked me if I would speak sometime at one of their community outreaches for those with MS.  I was inspirational, and "people needed to hear my story of Hope."  Completely unexpected.

During my exam, he had taken some pretty specialized photos of my optic nerve.  He shared with me the photos and indeed told me that the optic nerve in my right eye has no inflammation.  In fact, it's as though MS never started in my eye.  NO EVIDENCE of MS being present.  [are you crying yet?]

Furthermore, the need for medication isn't as important as it was 3 years ago.  I can go without medication.  I don't need it.  He will continue to monitor through MRI my brain and spinal cord, however, he is confident it will show no evidence of disease activity.  NO evidence.  NONE.  ZERO. Have I mentioned NONE??!!!  There is nothing and no one on this planet that would EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER be able to convince me there is no God.  A promise was whispered to me 3 years ago.  My God is a faithful God.  My God doesn't break his promises.  Has it been easy?  no.  Have I questioned him? yes.  Has my faith wavered?  yes.  Have I failed as a Christian?  yes, yes, yes.  Had Jesus not died on that cross 2, 016 years ago this would NOT have been possible.  The healing my body has received from the God I love is because of THAT sacrifice.  That one act of ultimate Love poured out in death.  Good Friday will forever have a whole new reason to celebrate.  It will forever be the day God's promise came true.  I'm the living proof.







No comments:

Post a Comment